You will not believe how easy it is to design chocolate in various shapes or create letters to write a personal message.
Three easy steps:
- Buy high-quality and tasty chocolate (doesn’t matter in which shape).
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or on the stove – be careful not to heat it too much (usually the bowl in which you place the chocolate heats up enough and continues to melt the chocolate even when removed from the microwave or stove, so stop heating the chocolate before all the chunks have melted and just continue to stir).
- Pour the chocolate into shaped molds and place them in the fridge for an hour or two or in the freezer for half an hour.
So what can you do with the chocolates?
- You can wrap the chocolate in Cellophane with a ribbon.
- You can arrange them on a nicely designed platter, plate or in a box.
- You can stick a long toothpick in the chocolate and create chocolate lollipops (you can also use wooden skewers that you use for the BBQ and cut them in half).
- You can make chocolate spoons + buy two drinking mugs for hot drinks and put the spoons inside. You can also serve the spoons to guests with the hot drinks.
- You can write a short message by pouring the chocolate in letter molds and serve it on a nice plate (happy holidays, happy birthday, I love you, etc.).
- You can buy a simple bar of chocolate and write a nice inscription on it.
You can inscribe on chocolate in the following two way:
- Whip 1 egg white with 1 cup of powdered sugar. If it becomes too stiff, add some water. If it’s too liquid, put it in the fridge for several minutes. If you want a colorful inscription, you can add food coloring agents, but remember that these are not very healthy.
- Another way is to just melt white or dark chocolate.
Whichever method you choose, place what you’ve prepared in a pastry bag, write on the chocolate and put it in the fridge so the inscription can harden. If you want to find out how to make a pastry bag from parchment paper, click here.
You can also purchase ready-made designed chocolate or molds in various shapes.
Remember: shaped molds will serve you for many events in the future. You can also use them to design cakes for birthdays, holidays and other events.