Chocolates are a fast and convenient solution when you need a modest gift for a host, holiday, boyfriend’s parents or just a token of attention. But what do you do when you want to give a gift to someone who is on a diet? To elderly people? To people with diabetes?
We have an elegant, original and inexpensive solution for you that above all is healthy:
Healthy and tasty home-made cookies!
Ingredients (about 2 tablespoons of each):
- Coconut flakes
- Blanched and slivered almonds
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Brown sugar (you can use one tablespoon or no sugar at all)
- A small jar
Arrange everything in layers in the jar. You can add a decorative ribbon.
You must add a note/sticker to the gift with instructions:
- Empty the contents of the jar into a bowl and mix them, add 1 egg white.
- Mix until you get an even paste.
- Using a teaspoon, create slightly flattened circles.
- Place them on a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies become slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and give them time to shrink.
- Tip: it is recommended to make the cookies with people you love.
A small jar is enough for making about 15 cereal cookies.
Receivers of the gift will be able to make healthy and tasty cookies with their loved ones whenever they want.