It also happened to me… I waited until the last minute and did not have a present. And of course it wasn’t my fault, I had good intentions, but you know how it goes, school, work, endless assignments and…oops! I found myself on my boyfriend’s birthday without anything to give.
But who said you can’t improvise and even have something good come out of it?!
I decided to give him a massage with my own two hands, which might not have a lot of strength in them, but I had good intentions and that’s what counts.
So how did I succeed in turning the massage into a delightful experience?
Here are some tips:
- I took a mattress, put it on the floor and spread a white sheet over it.
- On the bed, I laid two towels that I placed in the shape of a heart.
- I lit candles.
- I spread some dry leaves on the floor and on the mattress.
- I lit incense (if you don’t have incense you can spray some perfume).
- I placed scented massage oil on the night table next to the bed.
- I played massage music in the background.
- I filled a small bucket with warm water and soap.
- In the following link you can learn simple massage techniques.
I led my boyfriend to the bedroom and let him bath his feet in the bucket with warm water. I massaged his feet in the water and after several minutes I wiped his feet with a towel and led him to the mattress. After 40 minutes of a pampering massage, I gave him a robe to wear and a cup of relaxing herbal tea.
So believe me when I say that you don’t have to dig deep into your pockets for a good massage.